So you're thinking about eloping in New Hampshire? You've come to the right place! I'm a New Hampshire based elopement photographer helping couples plan and document their special day in my beautiful home state!
Let's start by talking about what is an elopement? Gone are the days when an elopement it just running off in secret to get married. Elopements are an intentional and meaningful way to get married. They are about ditching traditions and doing what feels true to you. Eloping in New Hampshire is magical. The breathtaking views are nothing short of amazing. There are so many different ways to make your day extra amazing. You can hike to a secluded mountain view and exchange vows. You can include close family and friends and elope in the forest at an epic Airbnb followed by a beautiful dinner. The possibilities are endless! The best part about eloping is there are no rules! You make the day about what you want! Elopements allow you to be fully present and in the moment with your love.
How to Elope in New Hampshire
- Find your first vendors: Your planner or photographer can help you throughout the entire elopement planning process. This includes location scouting, finding vendors, timeline planning and just being there for you through out the process!
- Plan your day: Figure out what you enjoy doing together and start there. Write down a couple of your favorite things, then you can try to combine them into the perfect day!
- Choose your location: Once you have an idea of what you want your day to look like, then you can start looking for locations. (I can help with this!)
- Find an accommodation: If you're traveling to New Hampshire you may find an Airbnb in the mountains to stay at or even elope at!
- Gather all the details: Your elopement day can be as glamorous or simple as you want. Some details you may want to think about are ceremony set up, vow books, all your attire, décor, and dinner setup.
- Make it legal: The most important step is making sure you can really get married! I am an ordained officiant so I can sign your marriage license!
- Have an amazing day: Once your photographer or planner has built out the timeline for the day, now it’s time to just enjoy it!
How to legally elope in New Hampshire
It's fairly simple to elope in New Hampshire. All you need is your marriage license and to have your ceremony done by an approved officiant. (I am an ordained officiant and can sign your marriage license!)
How to get a marriage license in New Hampshire:
To obtain a marriage license, you will go to any town's Town Clerk in New Hampshire. You will do this whether or not you're a resident of NH. You two will go to the Town clerk and bring the following:
- Bring a document that proves name, age and DOB such as a driver’s license, non-drivers ID or passport
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Birth
- Current address
- Social Security Number, if applicable
- Years of Education
- Certified record of date last marriage ended, if applicable
- Fathers full name and state of birth
- Mothers full maiden name and state of birth
- A $50 fee by credit card or cash
*All of this is subject to change, so please make sure to go to the link below to make sure you have the latest information!